Since I found “Korean Englishman” on YouTube I have become obsessed with Korean food and this 15-minute Quinoa and Korean Beef Bowl is a great start to getting to know the culture and dipping its toe into its food.
The super-rich sweet and sour soy sauce adds great depth to the ground beef and the quinoa really complements the strong flavors.
I was really blown away when I first cooked this recipe. It’s so simple but has tons of flavors. If you are interested in Korean cuisine then I know you will love this recipe.
To finish off the dish, I added pickled red onion and cilantro but you could add anything pickled you like.
Check out the instruction on how to prepare this recipe below and let me know once you do in the comments. I can’t wait for you to try my 15-min quinoa and Korean beef bowl.
New recipes coming soon, but please let me know if you would like to see a specific recipe on the blog. xoxo Katie
Delicious 15-Minute Quinoa and Korean Beef Bowl. This easy recipe is a great introduction to Korean cuisine and spices. The ground beef, corean spices and quinoa mix go perfectly together.
- 1 pound / 450g of ground beef
- 1 cup of quinoa mix
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cilantro or spring onions for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- Chili flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Wash the quinoa and add it to a pan. Cover with 2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Let the quinoa sit for 15-20 minutes
- Slice the red onion and pickle it in 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Set aside
- While the quinoa cooks, add 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Add the ground beef. Cook until all the water evaporates and meat is golden brown
- In the same pan clear room in the pan to cook the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute or until fragrant
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili flakes, salt, and pepper
- Add the mixture to the ground beef and let cook for 3-5 minutes on medium to low heat
- Serve the beef with the quinoa mix and top it with the pickled red onions and the fresh cilantro
- Category: Beef
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 21.1g
- Sodium: 1363.4mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 62.2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Cholesterol: 67.5mg
Keywords: Korean Beef Bowl, Korean Beef, Quinoa, Delicious Bowl Recipe, Korean Recipe